Two BHP sites in Queensland engaged AssetOn in 2016 to provide specialist resources to work with their site teams in the area of asset maintenance.
· BHP Infrastructure and Asset Management wanted 2 resources to assist with developing the asset strategy and the work instruction documents for their pipeline network. It was a 3-month pilot project initially to get a process in place and produce quality outcomes to set the foundation to complete the full 750km pipeline network. The client had been working through other labour hire agencies and consulting practices over the previous 12 month with little results achieved. The initiative was on track to fail, so it was imperative to get the right people with the right skills and mindset to be involved in the project
· BHP South Walker Creek mine needed a highly experienced MaintenancePlanner with extensive equipment knowledge and SAP skills to fill a vacant position. The client had been to several other suppliers who weren’t able to source anyone that would fit into the team. AssetOn filled the position with an experienced person who had both the technical skills and the right cultural fit for the site.
BHP approached AssetOn because
· The team at AssetOn had over 20 years’ experience in senior management across multiple sectors in the Australian business and industries;
· We understood their business and the requirements of the roles with a limited scope;
· AssetOn senior management had a track record of delivering quality candidates and results and
· All the employees of AssetOn were supported by senior management that knew what was needed.
AssetOn leveraged its network of Asset Management professionals to find the right fit for the client. It wasn’t just about the skills; the right attitude was required from the people filling the roles to seamlessly fit into the team.
AssetOn could also leverage its extensive database of assetManagement professionals to quickly identify candidates that would be available.
Due to the quality outcomes delivered by the resources provided, the client was extremely satisfied with the engagement.
· Infrastructure had been able to deliver the results. Follow on projects were justified to cover all the pipeline assets. The team was extended for an additional 2 years to complete the work on all the assets. The team also expanded to complete a rework of the SAP master data records to align with the strategy changes.
· South Walker had additional staff movements in maintenance which AssetOn was able to supply the quality resources required to keep the operation performing.
· Both clients recommended AssetOn to other sites which further increased the services provided to BHP.